What is marketing?
Marketing is a form of communication between you and your customers with the goal of selling your product or service to them. Communicating the value of your product or service is a key aspect of successful marketing. While the role of marketing is complex, there are three pivotal points that serve as a compass:
- Understand your customer through research to gain deep and profound insights into buyers and customers
- Identify the specific goals and needs of customers and to guide the creation of products or services to fulfil them
- Build trust, communicate and provide information, enabling buyers and customers to make informed decisions in such a way that the product or service sells itself.
Points to ponder for marketing
There are different types of marketing strategies available. You have to pick one as per your business requirement. Before choosing the right marketing strategy for your business, consider the following points.
1. Define the target population
The defining target population is a main and necessary step in choosing your marketing strategy. It gives the proper demographics which help in selecting the most appropriate marketing plan for your business.
2. Test your audience
Create a hypothetical process of buying to test your audience. Once you know the buying behaviour of your target audience, you can select a more appropriate marketing strategy.
3. Consider marketing strategies
Once you know the demographics; their knowledge, attitudes and behaviours. You can select a more appropriate marketing strategy.
4. Evaluate those strategies
Once you have considered the marketing strategies and found the applicable ones. Asses them, apply them and evaluate them. This process must be for testing purposes and the most suitable and productive strategy must be applied.